This page will cover the street legal requirements and motorcycle registration and title process in Mississippi and provide some tips on how to register if you bought the motorcycle without a title.
Learn more about motorcycle title transfers in Mississippi.
Mississippi Title & Inspection Requirements for Used Motorcycles
- Does Mississippi have an equipment/safety inspection?
- Not required.
- Does Mississippi require VIN Inspections for motorcycles bought out of state?
- Not required.
- Does Mississippi require a title for old motorcycles?
- Titles required. Vehicles over 25 years old are considered antique vehicles.
How to Title and Register a Motorcycle in Mississippi
You’ll need to provide the following:
- Signed title
- Bill of sale and old registration if bought in a state that doesn’t issue titles.
- Bill of Sale
- Registration and title fees.
- Sales tax.
Find more information about Mississippi motorcycle registration and registration renewal.
Register a No Title Motorcycle in Mississippi
Option 1: Motorcycles purchased in Mississippi
Before sale is complete, ask previous owner to get a duplicate title:
Learn how to replace a lost motorcycle title in Mississippi.
Option 2: Bikes from out of state
If the motorcycle was bought in a state that requires motorcycle titles:
- Have the previous owner request a duplicate title in that state.
- Find motorcycle registration and title details for all states here.
Option 3: Register in a No-Title State
Register the bike in a non-title, no residency requirement, mail-in registration application state, such as Vermont.
- Follow the registration requirements in Vermont.
- Transfer your registration to your own state.
Mississippi Street Legal Motorcycle Equipment Requirements
Mississippi motorcycles must include:
- Rearview mirror.
- Fenders on both wheels.
This information was correct at the time of writing it, but state laws are subject to change.