- Insurance costs increased in 2024.
- Don't let your rates go up.
- Compare rates to save big!
This page will cover the street legal requirements and motorcycle registration and title process in Mississippi and provide some tips on how to register if you bought the motorcycle without a title.
Learn more about motorcycle title transfers in Mississippi.
Mississippi Title & Inspection Requirements for Used Motorcycles
- Does Mississippi have an equipment/safety inspection?
- Not required.
- Does Mississippi require VIN Inspections for motorcycles bought out of state?
- Not required.
- Does Mississippi require a title for old motorcycles?
- Titles required. Vehicles over 25 years old are considered antique vehicles.
How to Title and Register a Motorcycle in Mississippi
You’ll need to provide the following:
- Signed title
- Bill of sale and old registration if bought in a state that doesn’t issue titles.
- Bill of Sale
- Registration and title fees.
- Sales tax.
Find more information about Mississippi motorcycle registration and registration renewal.
Register a No Title Motorcycle in Mississippi
Option 1: Motorcycles purchased in Mississippi
Before sale is complete, ask previous owner to get a duplicate title:
Learn how to replace a lost motorcycle title in Mississippi.
Option 2: Bikes from out of state
If the motorcycle was bought in a state that requires motorcycle titles:
- Have the previous owner request a duplicate title in that state.
- Find motorcycle registration and title details for all states here.
Option 3: Register in a No-Title State
Register the bike in a non-title, no residency requirement, mail-in registration application state, such as Vermont.
- Follow the registration requirements in Vermont.
- Transfer your registration to your own state.
Mississippi Street Legal Motorcycle Equipment Requirements
Mississippi motorcycles must include:
- Rearview mirror.
- Fenders on both wheels.
Learn more about street legal motorcycle requirements.
This information was correct at the time of writing it, but state laws are subject to change.