SAVE MONEY ON INSURANCE. BUY MORE BIKES!
✔Compare motorcycle insurance rates now!
✔Get matched with top providers. Switch and save.
This page will cover the street legal requirements and registration and title process in Missouri and provide some tips on how to register if you bought the motorcycle without a title.
Missouri Title & Inspection Requirements for Used Motorcycles
- Does Missouri have an equipment/safety inspection?
- Safety inspection required.
- Does Missouri require VIN Inspections for motorcycles bought out of state?
- Required for out of state motorcycles.
- Does Missouri require a title for old motorcycles?
- Title required.
How to Title and Register a Motorcycle in Missouri
To register your motorcycle, you’ll need:
- Signed over title.
- Bill of sale and old registration if bought in a state that doesn’t issue titles.
- Missouri Application for Title
- Tax receipt or statement of non-assessment
- Safety Inspection
- Proof of insurance.
- Registration and title fees.
- Sales tax.
Notarization Required on the following documents in Missouri:
- Bill of Sale
Register a Motorcycle with No Title in Missouri
Option 1: Motorcycles from Missouri
Before sale is complete, ask previous owner to get a duplicate title:
Option 2: Bikes from out of state
If the motorcycle was bought in a state that requires motorcycle titles:
- Have the previous owner request a duplicate title in that state.
- Find motorcycle registration and title details for all states here.
Option 3: Register in a No-Title State
Register the bike in a non-title, no residency requirement, mail-in registration application state, such as Vermont.
- Follow the registration requirements in Vermont.
- Transfer your registration to your own state.
Missouri Street Legal Motorcycle Equipment Requirements
Street legal motorcycles in Missouri must have:
- Handlebar height no more that 15” above seat.
- Brake light must not display varying brightness for more than 5 seconds.
This information was correct at the time of writing it, but state laws are subject to change.