This page will cover the street legal requirements and motorcycle registration and title process in Nebraska and provide some tips on how to register if you bought the motorcycle without a title.
Nebraska Title & Inspection Requirements for Used Motorcycles
- Does Nebraska have an equipment/safety inspection?
- Not required.
- Does Nebraska require VIN Inspections for motorcycles bought out of state?
- Required for out of state motorcycles.
- Does Nebraska require a title for old motorcycles?
- Yes, Nebraska titles all motorcycles.
How to Title and Register a Motorcycle in Nebraska
To register and title your bike in Nebraska, you’ll need:
- Signed title.
- Bill of sale and old registration if bought in a state that doesn’t issue titles.
- Bill of sale
- Application for Nebraska Title
- Vehicle inspection for out of state motorcycles.
- Registration and title fees.
Notarization Required on the following documents in Nebraska:
- Bill of Sale.
How to Register a Motorcycle with No Title in Nebraska
Option 1: Motorcycles bought in NE
Before sale is complete, ask previous owner to get a duplicate title:
Option 2: Bikes from outside Nebraska
If the motorcycle was bought in a state that requires titles:
- Have the previous owner request a duplicate title in that state.
- Find motorcycle registration and title details for all states here.
Option 3: Register in a No-Title State
Register the bike in a non-title, no residency requirement, mail-in registration application state, such as Vermont.
- Follow the registration requirements in Vermont.
- Transfer your registration to your own state.
Nebraska Street Legal Motorcycle Equipment Requirements
Nebraska requires motorcycles to have the following:
- Fenders on both wheels.
- Handlebars no more than 15” above mounting point.
- Passenger footrest when riding with a passenger.
This information was correct at the time of writing it, but state laws are subject to change.