- Insurance costs increased in 2024.
- Don't let your rates go up.
- Compare rates to save big!
This page will cover the street legal requirements and registration and title process in New Hampshire and provide some tips on how to register if you bought the motorcycle without a title.
Learn more about motorcycle title transfers in New Hampshire.
New Hampshire Title & Inspection Requirements for Used Motorcycles
- Does New Hampshire have an equipment/safety inspection?
- Periodic safety/equipment inspection required.
- Does New Hampshire require VIN Inspections for motorcycles bought out of state?
- VIN Verification required for abandoned motorcycles, antique motorcycles, motorcycles from a state that only titles bikes less than 10 years old. Verification completed by an inspection station or law enforcement officer.
- Does New Hampshire require a title for old motorcycles?
- No titles required for motorcycles and vehicles with model year 1999 or older.
How to Title and Register a Motorcycle in New Hampshire
You’ll need the following:
- Signed title or Bill of Sale and registration.
- Bill of sale and old registration if bought in a state that doesn’t issue titles.
- VIN Verification
- Registration and title fees.
Notarization Required on the following documents in New Hampshire:
- Bill of Sale.
Find more information about New Hampshire motorcycle registration and registration renewal.
Registration for No Title Motorcycles in New Hampshire
Option 1: NH Bike older than 15 model years
- Use the registration and a bill of sale.
Learn how to replace a lost motorcycle title in New Hampshire.
Option 2: Bikes from out of state
If the motorcycle was bought in a state that requires motorcycle titles:
- Have the previous owner request a duplicate title in that state.
- Find motorcycle registration and title details for all states here.
Option 3: Register in a No-Title State
Register the bike in a non-title, no residency requirement, mail-in registration application state, such as Vermont.
- Follow the registration requirements in Vermont.
- Transfer your registration to your own state.
New Hampshire Street Legal Motorcycle Equipment Requirements
NH motorcycles must have:
- Rearview mirror.
- Fenders on both wheels.
- Handlebars no higher than shoulder height.
- Passenger footrests and handholds when riding with passengers.
- Turn signals required for motorcycles manufactured after 1972.
- Speedometer and odometer.
Learn more about street legal motorcycle requirements.
This information was correct at the time of writing it, but state laws are subject to change.