This page will cover the street legal requirements and registration and title process in Oklahoma and provide some tips on how to register if you bought the motorcycle without a title.
Oklahoma Title & Inspection Requirements for Used Motorcycles
- Does Oklahoma have an equipment/safety inspection?
- Equipment inspection not required.
- Does Oklahoma require VIN Inspections for motorcycles bought out of state?
- Required for out of state motorcycles.
- Does Oklahoma require a title for old motorcycles?
- Titles required for old motorcycles.
How to Title and Register a Motorcycle in Oklahoma
To register and title your bike, you’ll need:
- Assigned and notarized title certificate.
- Bill of sale and old registration if bought in a state that doesn’t issue titles.
- Proof of insurance.
- Current registration, if applicable.
- Bill of Sale.
- Title Application
Notarization Required on the following documents in Oklahoma:
- Bill of sale.
Register a Motorcycle with No Title in Oklahoma
Option 1: Motorcycles from OK
Before sale is complete, ask previous owner to get a duplicate title:
Option 2: Bikes from out of state
If the motorcycle was bought in a state that requires motorcycle titles:
- Have the previous owner request a duplicate title in that state.
- Find motorcycle registration and title details for all states here.
Option 3: Register in a No-Title State
Register the bike in a non-title, no residency requirement, mail-in registration application state, such as Vermont.
- Follow the registration requirements in Vermont.
- Transfer your registration to your own state.
Oklahoma Street Legal Motorcycle Equipment Requirements
Oklahoma requires motorcycles to have:
- Rearview mirrors on both sides.
- Fenders on both wheels.
- Handlebars not higher than rider’s eye level.
- Passenger footrest when riding with passengers.
- Daytime headlights.
This information was correct at the time of writing it, but state laws are subject to change.