ATTENTION: Need to register or title your motorcycle? Be prepared to satisfy any insurance requirements. Click below for a free quote.
Please enter your zip to get started:
This page will cover the street legal requirements and used motorcycle registration and title process in Oregon and provide some tips on how to register if you bought the motorcycle without a title.
Learn more about motorcycle title transfers in Oregon.
Oregon Title & Inspection Requirements for Used Motorcycles
- Does Oregon have an equipment/safety inspection?
- Yes, periodic motorcycle safety inspection required.
- Does Oregon require VIN Inspections for motorcycles bought out of state?
- Required for out of state and new to Oregon motorcycles.
- Does Oregon require a title for old motorcycles?
- Yes, Oregon requires titles for all motorcycles.
How to Title and Register a Motorcycle in Oregon
You’ll need the following to register and title your Oregon motorcycle:
- Signed motorcycle title
- Bill of sale and old registration if bought in a state that doesn’t issue titles.
- Application for Title and Registration
- Bill of Sale
- VIN Inspection for motorcycles purchased out of state.
- Registration, title, and plate fees.
Find more information about Oregon motorcycle registration and registration renewal.
Register a No Title Motorcycle in Oregon
If you bought a used motorcycle without a title, you can register it with the following options:
Option 1: Motorcycles bought in Oregon
Before sale is complete, ask previous owner to get a duplicate title:
Learn how to replace a lost motorcycle title in Oregon.
Option 2: Bikes from out of state
If the motorcycle was bought in a state that requires motorcycle titles:
- Have the previous owner request a duplicate title in that state.
- Find motorcycle registration and title details for all states here.
Option 3: Register in a No-Title State
Register the bike in a non-title, no residency requirement, mail-in registration application state, such as Vermont.
- Follow the registration requirements in Vermont.
- Transfer your registration to your own state.
Oregon Street Legal Motorcycle Equipment Requirements
Oregon street legal motorcycles require:
- Rearview mirrors.
- Fenders on both wheels.
- Passenger footrest when riding with a passenger.
- Daytime headlights for motorcycles manufactured after 1972.
Learn more about street legal motorcycle requirements.
This information was correct at the time of writing it, but state laws are subject to change.