This page will cover the registration and title process in Puerto Rico and provide some tips on how to register if you bought the motorcycle without a title.
Puerto Rico Title Requirements for Used Motorcycles
- Does Puerto Rico require a title for old motorcycles?
- Required for motorcycles registered after 1987.
How to title and register an old motorcycle in Puerto Rico
- Signed over title or notarized bill of sale.
- Bill of sale and old registration if bought in a state that doesn’t issue titles.
- Registration fees and taxes.
- Affidavit of transfer – either on the back of the title or a separate document.
Notarization Required on the following documents in Puerto Rico:
- Bill of sale.
How to register an old motorcycle with no title in Puerto Rico
Option 1: Bikes from out of state
If the motorcycle was bought in a state that requires motorcycle titles:
- Have the previous owner request a duplicate title in that state.
- Find motorcycle registration and title details for all states here.
Option 2: Register in a No-Title State
Register the bike in a non-title, no residency requirement, mail-in registration application state, such as Vermont.
- Follow the registration requirements in Vermont.
- Transfer your registration to your own state.
This information was correct at the time of writing it, but state laws are subject to change.