ATTENTION: Need to register or title your motorcycle? Be prepared to satisfy any insurance requirements. Click below for a free quote.
Please enter your zip to get started:
This page will cover the street legal requirements and registration and title process in Wyoming and provide some tips on how to register if you bought the motorcycle without a title.
Learn more about motorcycle title transfers in Wyoming.
Wyoming Title & Inspection Requirements for Used Motorcycles
- Does Wyoming have an equipment/safety inspection?
- No safety inspection.
- Does Wyoming require VIN Inspections for motorcycles bought out of state?
- Required for out of state motorcycles.
- Does Wyoming require a title for old motorcycles?
- Required for all motorcycles.
How to Title and Register a Motorcycle in Wyoming
You’ll need the following to title and register your motorcycle:
- Signed over title.
- Bill of sale and old registration if bought in a state that doesn’t issue titles.
- Application for Title and VIN Inspection form
Registration and title fees.
Notarization Required on the following documents in Wyoming:
- Bill of Sale.
Find more information about Wyoming motorcycle registration and registration renewal.
How to Register a Motorcycle with No Title in Wyoming
Option 1: Bikes from Wyoming
Before sale is complete, ask previous owner to get a duplicate title:
- Contact the county clerk.
- Wyoming Affidavit of Vehicle Ownership
Learn how to replace a lost motorcycle title in Wyoming.
Option 2: Bikes from out of state
If the motorcycle was bought in a state that requires motorcycle titles:
- Have the previous owner request a duplicate title in that state.
- Find motorcycle registration and title details for all states here.
Option 3: Register in a No-Title State
Register the bike in a non-title, no residency requirement, mail-in registration application state, such as Vermont.
- Follow the registration requirements in Vermont.
- Transfer your registration to your own state.
Wyoming Street Legal Motorcycle Equipment Requirements
Wyoming motorcycles must include:
- Left side rearview mirror.
- Handlebars not above shoulders.
- Passenger footrest when riding with a passenger.
- Daytime headlights.
Learn more about street legal motorcycle requirements.
This information was correct at the time of writing it, but state laws are subject to change.