- Insurance costs increased in 2024.
- Don't let your rates go up.
- Compare rates to save big!
This page will cover the street legal requirements and registration and title process in Wyoming and provide some tips on how to register if you bought the motorcycle without a title.
Learn more about motorcycle title transfers in Wyoming.
Wyoming Title & Inspection Requirements for Used Motorcycles
- Does Wyoming have an equipment/safety inspection?
- No safety inspection.
- Does Wyoming require VIN Inspections for motorcycles bought out of state?
- Required for out of state motorcycles.
- Does Wyoming require a title for old motorcycles?
- Required for all motorcycles.
How to Title and Register a Motorcycle in Wyoming
You’ll need the following to title and register your motorcycle:
- Signed over title.
- Bill of sale and old registration if bought in a state that doesn’t issue titles.
- Application for Title and VIN Inspection form
Registration and title fees.
Notarization Required on the following documents in Wyoming:
- Bill of Sale.
Find more information about Wyoming motorcycle registration and registration renewal.
How to Register a Motorcycle with No Title in Wyoming
Option 1: Bikes from Wyoming
Before sale is complete, ask previous owner to get a duplicate title:
- Contact the county clerk.
- Wyoming Affidavit of Vehicle Ownership
Learn how to replace a lost motorcycle title in Wyoming.
Option 2: Bikes from out of state
If the motorcycle was bought in a state that requires motorcycle titles:
- Have the previous owner request a duplicate title in that state.
- Find motorcycle registration and title details for all states here.
Option 3: Register in a No-Title State
Register the bike in a non-title, no residency requirement, mail-in registration application state, such as Vermont.
- Follow the registration requirements in Vermont.
- Transfer your registration to your own state.
Wyoming Street Legal Motorcycle Equipment Requirements
Wyoming motorcycles must include:
- Left side rearview mirror.
- Handlebars not above shoulders.
- Passenger footrest when riding with a passenger.
- Daytime headlights.
Learn more about street legal motorcycle requirements.
This information was correct at the time of writing it, but state laws are subject to change.